"Clients appreciate this firm's 'thorough and to-the-point' advice" - Chambers guide 2010
What sectors do we work in?
We specialise in working with clients operating in complex technology and consumer products sectors. Our attorneys who specialise in trade marks are very experienced at identifying brands for which registration should be considered, and our track record of success in obtaining registration, particularly at trade marks hearings, is extremely good. We can also advise you on whether enforceable trade mark rights exist in unregistered trade marks. So whether you have developed a new brand, need to enforce your trade mark rights in an existing product or service, or require maximum protection for the branding of a new product or service, you can be sure of talking to someone who will understand your commercial goals.
How can we help you?
We can represent you directly at the UK Intellectual Property Office and the European Community Trade Mark office of OHIM (the "Office for Harmonisation" in the Internal Market). We can also file and prosecute "International" Madrid Protocol trade mark applications for you, and through our network of trusted overseas trade mark attorneys we are able to obtain registrations for your trade marks around the world.
Protection & Strategy
We can help you to protect your brands by:
- Assisting you with identifying new trade marks suitable for registration
- Preparing, filing and prosecuting trade mark applications throughout the world
- Responding to official letters and examination reports from national and regional trade mark offices
- Undertaking due diligence investigations and reports
- Negotiating and preparing Assignment agreements and licences
Defence & Enforcement
We can also help you to defend your business from potential risks posed by competitors' trade marks and activities by:
- Defending and filing opposition and revocation attacks
- Providing out infringement clearance searches
- Preparing infringement opinions
- Supporting you through infringement and passing-off litigation