What sectors do we work in?
We specialise in working with clients operating in complex technology and consumer products sectors. Our attorneys who specialise in registered designs are very experienced at identifying designs for which registration should be considered and advising on whether design right exists in a product. So whether you have developed a new product design, need to enforce your design rights in an existing product, or require maximum protection for the design of a new product, you can be sure of talking to someone who will understand your commercial goals.
How can we help you?
We can represent you directly at the UK Intellectual Property Office and the European Community Designs office of OHIM (the "Office for Harmonisation in the Internal Market"). Through our network of trusted overseas attorneys we are able to obtain registrations for your product designs around the world.
Protection & Strategy
We can help you to protect your designs by:
- Advising how to protect new product designs
- Preparing, filing and prosecuting registered design applications throughout the world
- Responding to official letters and examination reports from national and regional designs offices
- Undertaking due diligence investigations and reports
- Negotiating and preparing Assignment agreements and licences
Defence & Enforcement
We can also help you to defend your business from potential risks posed by competitors' designs and activities by:
- Defending and filing revocation attacks
- Providing infringement clearance searches
- Preparing infringement opinions
- Supporting you through registered design and design right infringement litigation